Nominations for NCRPA Board of Directors
Apply by August 13th
NCRPA will be seeking 2 individuals to join the NCRPA Board of Directors beginning in January 2021. The first position is for President-Elect and the second position is for the Board Member - Professional Development
President-Elect: The individual selected for President-Elect will serve on the Board of Directors for 3 years. First as President-Elect in 2021, President in 2022, and Past President in 2023. This board member is responsible for analysis of membership data and awareness, fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the President in their absence, serve as Parliamentarian, and ensure all records all official business of the Association are kept. This individual supports the President and the year of service in this role is a time of preparation for the role of President. The Board of Directors serves in a governance role. The Board formulates policies and procedures governing Association administration, approves the NCRPA budget and all budget amendments, and formulates the NCRPA strategic plan.
Board Member - Professional Development: This board member is responsible for the review and development of NCRPA’s education calendar, providing guidance on training regarding current and future needs along with new trends facing the profession. The individual must hold a professional certification and have at least 5 years’ experience in the parks and recreation field and been an NCRPA member for 2 years prior to accepting office. Preference for prior involvement with NCRPA committees, planning groups, or held a prior
leadership position. Works to coordinate with Association staff for an annual survey of professional development need and lead the review of member survey regarding professional development needs. Work with staff to ensure all professional development opportunities offered by NCRPA are high quality experiences that meet the needs of the profession. Promote certification information and requirements to members This is a 2-year position and will serve January 2021-December 2022.
The Board of Directors serves in a governance role. The Board formulates policies and procedures governing Association administration, approves the NCRPA budget and all budget amendments, and formulates the NCRPA strategic plan. The Board of Directors meets 6 times a year, usually in person with additional conference calls as needed necessary. A full list of duties for board members may be found at https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.ncrpa.net/resource/resmgr/NCRPA_Manual_of_Procedures_2.pdf
NCRPA Committees: We are seeing members to join the Awards, Procedures, Finance, Professional Development, Advocacy, and Marketing Committees. If you would like to share your talents via one of these committees, please complete the nominations form below and place your name into consideration
Click here to view Leadership responsibilities information.
How to Serve:
- Indicate your interest for any of the above opportunities by completing the form at the link below.
- To nominate another person for any of these opportunities, complete the information at the Nominate Someone Else link. They will be contacted to verify their interest in serving and to provide the additional information.
- You may indicate interest in more than 1 position. The Nominations Committee will consider all nominations for board positions prior to committee opportunities.
The Nominations process involves answering a few questions. The questions can be viewed here.
To Nominate Yourself - Click Here (by August 13th)
To Nominate Someone Else - Click Here (by August 4th)
Benefits of Serving:
- Opportunity and responsibility to plan and shape the direction of NCRPA.
- Opportunity and responsibility to share business knowledge and apply professional and personal skills.
- Opportunity to practice and learn non-profit leadership and governance skills.
- Networking with leaders in the parks and recreation industry.
- Opportunity to work with Association staff on various projects and activities.
- Opportunity to work with industry partners to grow the parks and recreation industry.
- Opportunity to support and advance the mission of NCRPA.
- Opportunity to leave a legacy of sound leadership and management of your professional Association.
Nominations will be open through August 13th.