Call for Session Proposals
Submission Deadline: 1/30/2020 @ Midnight
Note: Sessions submitted after 1/30/20 will be placed on a wait list for consideration.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by 2/6/2020. The speaker or session submitter will be contacted regarding acceptance or denial of the session by March 2020.
- NCRPA asks if you are submitting a proposal with others or recommending a speaker, before submitting a proposal please obtain the person's agreement. A copy of each presenter’s resume/vita is required for CEU approval. Proposals will not be considered without all résumés/vitas.
- All sessions will be 1 hour and 15 mins. Special requests for longer sessions will be considered.
- The description of your session will appear exactly as written in the conference program.
- Please complete all information related to equipment needs, room set-up and contact information to ensure proper set-up during conference time. Classroom/theatre setup is preferred. Other requests will be considered.
- A red asterisk denotes a required field.
- Preferred day and time requested is not guaranteed
- Presentations by Commercial Entities - Any commercial company who wishes to present a session
MUST be registered to exhibit in the exhibit hall at the time the speaker is accepted to present, March 2020. We require commercial presenters to invite a parks and recreation professional to join as a co-presenter in the proposed session. Each session at the NCRPA Conference is closely monitored by the conference committee and association staff to ensure that the course is conducted properly. Presenters from a commercial entity must not promote their company or products.
- HONORARIUM: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Currently employed in the field of parks and recreation in the State of NC- not eligible for honorarium, but can request payment for direct expenses such as supplies.
Currently employed in the field of parks and recreation outside the State of NC– eligible for honorarium, speakers may request honorariums to cover the expense of speaking and travel. Please take this into consideration when providing the amount.
Professional speakers - eligible for honorarium, speakers may request honorariums to cover the expense of speaking and travel. Please take this into consideration when providing the amount.
Commercial Professionals/Representatives - Honorariums, Hotel Rooms, etc., are not provided to individuals speaking on behalf of a commercial entity (defined as an individual or organization that has a product or service to provide to a local government parks and recreation agency for a fee or compensation).
- If the speaker requires compensation of any sort, that should be listed in the special considerations field below.