Print Page | Sign In | Join NCRPA
P&R Questions & Answers
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Design Plans & Specs for Park Bathrooms & Ballpark Dugouts 0 G. Noblitt Is anyone out there willing to share any digital copies of design plans and specs for park bathrooms and ballpark dugouts?  We would greatly appreciate anything you can provide. Geoff Noblitt Buncombe County Planning Geoffrey.Noblitt@buncombecounty.org 828-250-4847
by G. Noblitt
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Center Strut Basketball Goals and Installation Contractors 0 Clinton Recreation and Parks Our department is currently looking for information on Center Strut Basketball Goals and installation contractors that can install them(adjustable height). We are planning to start this project in late July 2018.  I have a contact for one contractor right now. However, I am needing at least a couple more quotes from other companies that can install these goals.  If you have any companies/vendors that can do this, please send me their information.  Thanks. Jonathan Allen, Director Clinton Recreation & Parks Department Email: jallen@cityofclintonnc.us 
by Clinton Recreation and Parks
Friday, May 11, 2018
Policies on Amusement Vendors and Rides 0 A. Stanley   Onslow County Parks and Recreation is revising its current policies on amusement vendors and rides. What current policies and/or guidelines does your department have regarding amusements rides? Is there any exclusivity? Do you charge fees and if so, what do you charge? Do you have written contracts and if so, would you be willing to share?   Kind Regards,   Anna Stanley Recreation Program Supervisor Onslow County Parks and Recreation Anna_Stanley@onslowcountync.gov  
by A. Stanley
Friday, April 20, 2018
Boy Scout Troop 0 A. Achor We were approached about potentially becoming an identify charter organization for a Boy Scout Troop. 1) We were curious if any other Department has partnered with Boy Scouts or even Girls Scouts in anyway? Pros and Cons? 2) Have you thought about or became a charter organization for a troop? Any information you have will be helpful.   Thank you in advance, Amanda Achor aachor@daviecountync.gov 336-753-6742
by A. Achor
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Mosquito Prevention/Removal 0 W. Lawrence We've had a bit of a problem with mosquitoes at our dog park, and I was curious as to if anyone has any non-harmful, natural solutions to preventing/eradicating mosquitoes at facilities/parks?
by W. Lawrence
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Pool Policy Regarding Child Supervision 0 Z. CARTER We are getting ready for our busy pool season and I am looking over our policies. One of our bigger complaints is the age of when a child can be in the water by themselves without any supervision. Our pool policy has always been that any child under the age of 12 has to be accompanied in the water by a person who is at least 16 years or older. Can other aquatic facilities and departments share with me what your policy is with letting children in the water without supervision? Thank you, Zack Carter Aquatic and Fitness Center Manager and Marketing and Special Events Manager Lenoir Parks and Recreation zcarter@ci.lenoir.nc.us
by Z. CARTER
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
RFP for Park Design for Small Community Park 0 P. Price We have a small 3.5 acre community park that we want to do an RFP for design plans for Phase 2 and 3. We plan to apply for a PARTF Grant for these, but need a design plan. Has anyone done this? Do you have any samples and any idea of the cost range? I have attached a photo of the park with the Phase I completions in place. They were just basic equipment swaps out and additions, but we need help with Phase 2 and 3 design.Thank you!!!
by P. Price
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Greenway Education/Advertising 0 W. Lawrence To those who have greenways, how have you educated, marketed, and advertised them to the citizens in the community?
by W. Lawrence
Monday, March 19, 2018
Artifical Turf for Batting Cages 1 E. JOHNSTON Evan, My company can install artificial turf I'll send you my contact info in a email.Dave Barbee 704-239-4900 dave@sportcourtcarolina.com
by Sport Court Carolina, Inc.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Criteria for Recognizing "Partner" Agencies 0 D. HUCKS We are looking to formalize a process that determines who we recognize as “partner” agencies.  What criteria do you have in place? If you have examples of partnership agreements or guidelines, please share.  Thank you!  Darrin Hucks, CPRP Assistant Parks and Recreation Director Town of Mooresville dhucks@ci.mooresville.nc.us
by D. HUCKS
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Special Events Policy, Application and Fees 0 Orange County Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks and Recreation We are currently working to develop a Special Events rental policy for our Parks that will have amphitheaters. Would anyone be willing to share a Special Events Rental policy and what your fees are for fairs, festivals or music events.  If you have more information that you feel would be helpful please share. Thank you in advance for any information.    Ardra Webster, Business Officer Orange County Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks and Recreation
by Orange County Department of Environment, Agriculture, Parks and Recreation
Monday, March 12, 2018
Booking Agents 2 J. Dunkley We use Southeastern Officials Association. Booking agent fee is $200 and then what ever the cost of the officials for particular season.
by T. Clark
Friday, March 9, 2018
Vendors for 4th of July Fireworks Display 0 Aberdeen Parks and Recreation We are going to shop our 4th of July Fireworks display and are looking for vendors other departments are using.  If you hold a fireworks display, and are happy with your vendor, please forward their contact information to acrocker@townofaberdeen.net.  Thank you.   Adam Crocker Director Aberdeen Parks and Recreation (910) 944-7275
by Aberdeen Parks and Recreation
Friday, February 23, 2018
Silver & Fit/Silver Sneakers 2 S. Clayton We work with another vendor in our agency to provide SilverSneakers for our clients, so they do all the tracking and reporting back to Healthways, the holder of the SilverSneakers designation. It's a lot of tracking and reporting. Myra AustinSenior Centers AdministratorOrange County Department on Aging919-245-2020www.orangecountync.gov/aging
by M. AUSTIN
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Restroom Vandalism 0 P. Duffy We have a Community Center and Park that is attached to a High School. We are having a problem with students skipping class and vandalizing the restrooms/shelters at our park. We cannot close the restrooms because we have walkers/joggers who use the park throughout the day. We have reached out to the school but they are no real help. Short of staffing the park while school is in session and calling the police when we see them outside the school during class hours, I am at a loss on what to do. Any ideas are welcomed... technology, cameras, different lock ideas, etc... Thanks for your help and ideas. Patrick Duffy
by P. Duffy
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Summer Daycamp 0 J. Dunkley If your Department offers a Summer Day Camp do you have a Lead Counselor and if so what is your current pay for that position?
by J. Dunkley
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Co-ed Coach Pitch Baseball 0 Siler City Parks and Recreation In years past the department has offered 8U Coach Pitch Softball and 8U Coach Pitch Baseball.  In doing this we were never able to have enough teams to have a league of our own.  We were forced to play in other leagues throughout our county. Our goal is to bring our 8U leagues back in house and run our own league in Siler City.  We were able to accomplish this in Basketball by combining our girls and boys in 8U.  Our numbers in basketball actually went up by doing this.  We went from 1 girls team and 2 boys team to 6 co-ed teams.  Now that spring is around the corner, we have structured our 8U Coach Pitch to be Co-ed as well with hopes of the same success that we had in Basketball.  However, the department is getting a lot of negative feedback regarding this change.  Many participants have called and said they would play somewhere else to allow their daughter to play softball or allow their son to play with only boys.  How many departments run Co-ed Coach Pitch?  Any suggestions on how to make this transition smoother for our participants and gain the registration numbers needed to accomplish our goal?    
by Siler City Parks and Recreation
Open Gym Policy 0 S. Aloisa I'm looking to create an open gym policy. Does anyone have a policy they are currently using that I could use as a reference? I would appreciate any tips, tricks, or words of wisdom regarding the topic.    Please email me at saloisa@dallasnc.net     Thank you!
by S. Aloisa
July 4th Entertainment 0 A. Somers Lillington Parks and Recreation is currently looking for some ideas for non-music entertainment for kids at a reasonable price. Do any of you have any suggestions for things you do at some of your events that are a really big hit for kids and families?    Please email Amy Somers at asomers@lillingtonnc.org if you have any ideas or suggestions.
by A. Somers
Monday, February 5, 2018
Baseball Facility Renovation 0 T. Clark Has anyone completed a renovation of a baseball facility. We are looking at replacing the entire fencing, dugouts, lighting of an old baseball field. Wanted to see if anyone had costs on what this has been like for them. Thanks  
by T. Clark
Tuesday, January 30, 2018