Print Page | Sign In | Join NCRPA
P&R Questions & Answers
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Branding Services 0 J. Roehrs The City of Concord Parks and Recreation Department is looking at rebranding and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on agencies that a department has used in the past that did a study and offered branding services. Kindest Regards, Zack Roehrs Athletic Supervisor City of Concord Parks and Recreation roehrsz@concordnc.gov
by J. Roehrs
Friday, May 17, 2019
Day camp staff challenges 0 D. JORDAN I am working with the American Camp Association to try to help camps (day and resident) learn about best practices with regard to recruiting and hiring staff. What are the biggest needs/challenges you face with staffing your day (and/or overnight) camps?
by D. JORDAN
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Community Art Project review 0 D. Reuter Sanford Parks is looking for policies/procedures for reviewing and approving public art and also for commissioning artisans to complete identified projects. Also any information on appearance commissions and other related information is greatly appreciated.   Don Reuter
by D. Reuter
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Farmville Splash Pad 1 C. Gray The Town of Cornelius did this same thing a few years ago and our 1,300 sq.ft. splash pad is still the only aquatic facility we operate. We use a local Certified Pool Operator (CPO) company for ongoing maintenance (water testing, etc.) I am attaching our RFP for the splash pad design and construction, as well as the RFP and contract with our CPO. We'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have!
by Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation & Culture
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Fundraising on Park Property 0 K. DENTON Holly Springs Parks and Recreation is in the process of defining our philosophy for fundraising and/or sales by external vendors or organizations on public property. I appreciate any examples of how other departments have addressed this situation (existing policy or staff procedures). Regards, Kristen Denton, CPRP, CYSA Hunt Center Manager Holly Springs Parks & Recreation kristen.denton@hollyspringsnc.us  
by K. DENTON
Thursday, April 25, 2019
400-Seat Performing Arts Theater Instructional Programming Space 0 T. FITZSIMMONS Does anyone have an approximately 400-seat performing arts theater, which includes instructional performing arts programming space? If so, please share your operating budget and revenue goals. Also, if you contract out for conducting the performing arts programming, please share the contract with your contractor. Thank you, Troy Fitzsimmons, Director Cornelius PARC Department tfitzsimmons@cornelius.org
by T. FITZSIMMONS
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Parks & Recreation Youth Programs Behavioral/Discipline Policies 0 T. Hall I would like to inquire about other Parks and Recreation’s Youth Programs Behavioral/Discipline policies (Summer Camp, Afterschool, Etc.). Please send them to me if possible. Thanks! Teagan Perry Hall, Recreation Manager Boiling Spring Lakes Parks and Recreation thall@cityofbsl.org
by T. Hall
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Rental Of Complex 0 D. MIZELLE The Bertie County Recreation Department has a request by an organization to rent our entire complex on July 6 from 12pm til 8pm on that day. Do any other county organizations allow a rental of the entire facility? Also they would like to serve alcohol, which we do not permit at any time. Does any other agencies allow alcohol?  They also want to charge an admission fee for each person that attends the event. Does any agencies allow admission fees? Any additional information is welcomed?
by D. MIZELLE
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Information for Honorary and Memorial Donations/Dedications in Park 1 H. Burgess Hayley: The Town of Garner's tree and bench memorial policy/brochure is attached. We changed the fee to "10% above Town cost," effective this fiscal year. Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions.
by K. Lockhart
Monday, April 15, 2019
Youth Volleyball Modifications 2 C. Carawan Our 12-15 age group does not have any modifications. 9-11 plays with a stepped up serving line and a volley lite ball. 7-8 plays with a slightly more stepped up serving line, a closer end line and a volley lite ball. We have only an up-ref and no down-refs for our games of all ages and they call a modified NCHSAA game. They are not strict on carries and things of that nature.We also have basketball goals and a relatively low ceiling and the ceiling comes into play most. The basketball goal is treated just like a wall would be and it is deemed out of bounds. We also allow play to continue if the ball hits and comes directly down. It is deemed out of bounds if it bounces around in the rafters above the net because it would have gone over the net. I can email you the guidelines we have for the age groups with the stepped up lines.
by R. Andrea
Thursday, April 11, 2019
Fee Schedule for Dog Park/Athletic & Ball Fields 0 M. Simpson The City of Salisbury has opened its first dog park and we are getting inquiries about sponsorship through banners and signs. Does anyone have a policy/agreement/fee schedule in place for something like this? (i.e. How much is the sign/banner? What size is it? What is the material? How long does it stay up?) We are also looking to update our Fee Schedule for our Athletic & Ball Fields. Does anyone have any Fee Schedules or Agreements/Policies they can share? Any help is greatly appreciated. Megan Simpson, Recreation Coordinator megan.simpson@salisburync.gov Office: 704-216-2711
by M. Simpson
Monday, April 8, 2019
Parking Fee on Program Nights at Athletic Parks 0 M. King We are reaching out to ask if any Parks and Recreation departments charge a parking fee on program nights at their athletic parks? We are considering charging a fee per car at our county park in order to cut down on the high volume of traffic. With our limited parking spaces, we are hoping families will carpool. If anyone has any suggestions or a similar policy, please email us at mmassengill@bladenco.org. Thank you! Morgan King Program Coordinator Bladen County Parks and Recreation
by M. King
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Building Permit for the Installation of River Accesses 0 Surry County Parks and Recreation Surry County Parks and Recreation is asking if any departments who have installed river accesses have had to acquire a building permit for the installation of these accesses. The river access we are working on is just a concrete slab used as a car-top launch. We will be providing ADA compliant parking on this facility. Please email Daniel White your responses at whiteda@co.surry.nc.us or call 336-401-8235. Daniel White, CPRP Director Surry County Parks and Recreation whiteda@co.surry.nc.us
by Surry County Parks and Recreation
Friday, March 29, 2019
Recreation Partnerships with Local YMCA 0 J. Davis We have an upcoming meeting with our local YMCA director regarding possible future partnerships between our Recreation Department and the Y.  Do any of you have partnerships with your local YMCA?  If so how do you partner?  Programs?  Facilities?  I have been asked to find examples of other such partnerships by our county manager.   Thanks in advance, John Davis Lincoln County Parks and Recreation jodavis@lincolncounty.org 704-748-1518
by J. Davis
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Universities Assisting Municipalities with Comprehensive Master Plans 1 Clinton Recreation and Parks Hi and thanks for your post. I'm Dr. Deb Jordan with the Recreation and Leisure Studies Department at East Carolina University. I (along with colleagues) have been working with communities to create master plans for the past several years. If I can help, please let me know. I'd be happy to work with you and/or others to prepare a master plan that meets the PARTF grant requirements. My email is: jordand@ecu.edu.
by D. JORDAN
Non-Profits 0 D. Reuter NCRPA, I am looking for information/articles of incorporation for a non-profit/foundations to collect funds for parks, arts and other civic improvements. I am looking for something that has been set up and operated through the city or country. Thanks Don Reuter Parks Administrator City of Sanford don.reuter@sanfordnc.net
by D. Reuter
Nerf Gun Event 0 S. Paschal Our department was approached about renting one of our outdoor areas for a Nerf Gun Event. Has anyone else ever rented or hosted one of these events? We are looking for suggestions and advice. Thank you for any help. Susie Paschal Program Supervisor – Knightdale Parks, Recreation and Cultural Programs susie.paschal@knightdalenc.gov>
by S. Paschal
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Picnic Shelter Construction Companies 1 S. Clayton Hi Stephen - we just had one built at Swinson Park in Morehead City. We used Davies Contracting in Morehead.
by T. Purifoy
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
LED Lighting vs Metal Halide 0 Clinton Recreation and Parks We have been asked to see what departments in NC are using LED Field Lighting versus Metal Halide lighting on sports fields. We know the obvious benefits to using LED, but we want to make sure we are on pace with other departments as well. Thanks in advance for your feedback.  Have a great day. Jonathan Allen, CPRP, Director Clinton Recreation & Parks Department
by Clinton Recreation and Parks
Friday, March 22, 2019
Picture Consent for Special Events 0 D. WHITE How do you handle picture/video consent for your special events in your parks?
by D. WHITE
Friday, March 22, 2019