In honor of our conference, this week’s wellness blog focuses on how to stay healthy when you are away from home. These five conference wellness tips will allow you make the most out of your time in Greensboro!
1. Utilize your hotel’s fitness room for a quick workout! You would be surprised at how many health benefits just 30 minutes on a treadmill can burn. Both of our conference hotel locations offer fitness rooms for you to conquer this. Waking up a little earlier to walk on the treadmill in the morning will help you get your day started off the right way.
2. Make sure to get a full night's sleep! This will give you more energy throughout the day. Determine what time you need to wake up to make the most out of conference, and plan accordingly the night before. It is recommended by doctors that the average adult needs 7.5-8 hours of sleep every night.
3. Make healthy food choices! Try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables everyday while at conference. If you have any fruits and vegetables at home, bring them along! They will serve as easy snacks to save money and incorporate some freshness into your hotel diet. Also, most restaurants offer menu guides on the healthy food options they offer. Use these to make healthy choices when eating out.
4. Take a stretch break in between conference sessions. Use this time to stretch those muscles and walk around. Stretching is important to do throughout the day, and it gets the blood flowing throughout your body. For some more information on the health benefits of stretching, and some tips to maximize your stretching, please check out this article.
5. Get out and explore some of the great parks and facilities that Greensboro has to offer! If you have some extra time in between your busy conference schedule, check out some of the great facilities and parks in Greensboro. For a full list of Greensboro Parks and Recreation facilities and parks, check out this link.
At this year’s conference, we have a ton of awesome wellness-related sessions! Attend the sessions marked with Bitmoji Diquan to learn how to incorporate health and wellness programs, policies, and infrastructure in your department.
I hope these tips help you make healthy choices while at conference. Looking forward to spending time with all of our conference attendees over the next few days!
Until next time,