TR Conference Call for Presenters
The NCRPA TR Conference is being held February 25-27, 2018 at the Drury Inn & Suites in Burlington, NC.
The list below is intended to give the presenter some ideas of the type of topics past attendees have said they would be interested in. This list is not intended to be the topic list for the conference but broad topics to give the presenter ideas for sessions. Interactive and hands-on sessions are always encouraged. Session proposals will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Adaptive Sports
- Adventure Programming / Outdoor Education
- Aquatics Therapy
- Assisted Living
- Behavioral Health
- Community TR/RT
- Early Intervention and TR/RT
- Evidence-based trainings
- Experiential Education
- Geriatrics (Alzheimer's, aging in place, Acquired disabilities and aging)
- Grant opportunities and raising funds for new facilities/projects
- Making sense of the latest changes in ADA and current language and verbiage used
- Physical Disabilities
- Professional Growth and Issues (i.e., offering an internship, work-life balance, etc.)
- Substance Abuse
- Summer Day Camps and Specialty Camps
- Unique TR / RT Programs
- Veterans and Wounded Warrior
- All materials must be submitted online.
- All submissions will be notified by email by 1/10/2018 as to their acceptance.
- Conference sessions are 90 minutes in length for .15 continuing education units.
- A copy of your professional resume and a brief outline of the proposed presentation are required for CEU approval. They should be attached to this form to be approved.
- The description you enter on this form for your session will appear exactly as written in the conference program. Limit 100 words
- Please complete all information related to equipment needs, room set-up, & contact information to ensure proper set-up during conference time.
Session Proposal Checklist:
- Completion of ‘Call for Presenters and CEU Application’ online.
- Resume for each presenter, indicating knowledge of topic - submitted on this form
- Brief outline of presentation - submitted on this form
- All materials submitted by midnight on December 19, 2017
No hand-written proposals will be accepted.
Proposals are due by midnight on December 19, 2017 to be considered.