2017 Carolinas Joint Recreation & Park Conference
12/11/17-12/12/17 | Greensboro, NC
Convention Center Rules and Regulations
Americans with Disabilities Act
- You are responsible for making your exhibits, displays, etc., accessible to qualified individuals with a disability attending the event with respect to setup, location of exhibits on the exhibit floor, paths of travel and other aspects of your exhbit within your or one of your exhibitors’ control.
- All house lights are to be controlled by Convention Center personnel.
- No pyrotechnics shall be used.
- No decorative or other materials shall be attached to any part of the Convention Center without prior approval by building management.
- Doors will be opened at the time set by NCRPA/SCRPA staff and subject to the Convention Center’s right to open the doors earlier if, in the sole discretion of the Convention Center, the doors need to be opened earlier for safety reasons.
- All moveable walls in the Convention Center shall be installed and removed by Convention Center personnel.
- You are required to ensure that all equipment operated in the Convention Center does not drip oil or any other staining solutions. Any vehicle that drips oil or staining solutions will be removed immediately from the Convention Center.
- You will be charged for any and all costs incurred for cleaning or removing stains.
- No one other than employees of the official service contractor(s) for your event are authorized to operate any motorized cart, lift equipment, etc., of such service contractor.
- Any person(s) operating motorized equipment must have a valid driver’s license.
- Service contractors are required to provide all equipment needed for the handling of freight.
Freight Or Shipment Of Materials
- Convention services will be handled by Hollins Exposition Services. For assistance with freight, extra labor, extra tables/chairs, etc. please contact them. 336.315.5225
- Any freight or deliveries arriving at the Convention Center prior to the License Agreement move-in/setup date(s) will not be accepted unless approved in writing by the Convention Center.
- Arrangements are to be made with a service contractor or drayage company to handle freight requirements; the Convention Center does not accept your freight.
- Registration materials, handout literature or event-related equipment, such as furniture rental, plants, special decorations, etc., should be directed to the attention of the show manager or official service contractor.
- C.O.D. deliveries will not be accepted by the Convention Center.
- All materials, equipment and/or freight are to be delivered and removed at the loading dock or event-related entrance.
Vehicles in the Exhibit Hall
- Vehicles are not permitted on the exhibit hall floor for loading/unloading without the prior authorization of Conference Staff and Convention Center management.
- Vehicles are not permitted to operate in the facility at any time, but must be pushed from exterior location to the interior location. All engines must shut down upon entrance to facility.
- Less than ¼ gallon of gasoline in tank
- Battery to be disconnected
- Fuel cap must be taped shut or fitted with locking cap
- Drip pans must be provided by exhibitor
- Plastic must be provided under car/truck by exhibitor
- No fire exits/doors may be blocked by displayed vehicle
Structures in the Exhibit Hall
- Enclosed or built structures are not permitted on the exhibit hall floor for loading/unloading without the prior authorization of Conference Staff and Convention Center management.
- Request must be sent to Matt@ncrpa.net no later than 11/1/17.
- Enclosed or built structures must fit within your booths footprint.
- Enclosed or built structures must meet all fire codes and not block event egress.
- Must meet all fire and safety regulations.
Empty Crate Storage
- Limited empty crate storage will be provided and confined to those areas authorized by building management. No empty crate storage will be allowed in any area(s) of exhibition halls, meeting room(s), concourse area(s), carpeted areas, etc. Due to limited space, onsite storage requires prior approval by NCRPA.
Food & Beverage Restrictions
- Exhibitors wishing to distribute or dispense their company samples of food or beverage without charge, MUST be approved in writing by Koury Convention Center. These products MUST be the exhibitor’s primary product and relate directly to the nature of the show.
- Exhibit dates are Monday, December 11th, and Tuesday, December 12th, 2017.
- Exhibitors have direct access to over 850+ park and recreation professionals.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available and various levels include a complimentary booth space.
- Premium Exhibitors: Include all the benefits and opportunities of a standard exhibitor space but are located in premium locations within the event layout to optimize your organizations exposure and foot traffic during exhibit hall times. Premium exhibitors will also receive top billing among non-sponsor exhibitors in the exhibitors guide and all other related promotions. Limited Availability.
Exhibit Hours & Events - Times are subject to change!
Monday December 11th, 2017
Exhibit Hall Setup: 10:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Open/Exhibitor’s Social : 4:30 p.m. — 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday December 12th, 2017
Exhibit Hall Open: 9:15 a.m.
Exhibit Lunch: 12:15 a.m. — 1:45 p.m.
Exhibit Hall Closes: 2:00 p.m
- View exhibit hall layout
- Conference schedule - coming soon!
- Each exhibit booth is 10 feet by 8 feet in size and draped on 3 sides.
- Each booth comes with one skirted table and 2 chairs.
- Electrical outlets can be ordered through Hollins Exposition Services.
- Convention services will be handled by Hollins Exposition Services. For assistance with freight, extra labor, extra tables/chairs, elcetirc, etc. please contact them. 336.315.5225
- For questions about the conference or special requests for exhibit setup, please contact: Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.832.5868.
- All gas powered equipment/vehicles must have less than 1/4 tank of gas, gas caps taped shut and batteries disconnected. Failure to do so will result in removal from exhibit hall.
- A list of pre-conference attendees (name and department) will be emailed by December 1st, 2017. A list of all attendees will be sent after the conference.
- For questions about the conference or special requests for exhibit setup, including building of structures, vehicles, or if your just unsure, please contact: Matt Carusona at email@example.com or 919-832-5868.
- NCRPA has reserved rooms at Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons. Info will be available soon.
- On or before JUNE 14, 2017 $255 of your registration fee will be deducted from your refund.
- Between JUNE 15—JULY 31, 2017 50% of your total registration fee will be deducted from your refund.
- On or after AUGUST 1, 2017, no refunds will be issued.
- All cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted to Matt at Matt@ncrpa.net
The Sponsor/Exhibitor agrees by paying the registration fee to indemnify and hold harmless NCRPA, SCRPA, the Joseph S. Koury Convention Center, Greensboro Parks & Recreation, and member organizations of NCRPA and SCRPA, and all officers, staff members, or directors, from any and all liability and expenses for personal injury and property damage or loss arising from the use by the exhibitor or its exhibit space or activities in connection thereof. Proof of liability insurance naming NCRPA as additional insured is required.
RESTRICTIONS AND CARE OF PROPERTY
- The conference management team reserves the right to restrict, because of noise, operation method, material or for any reason deemed objectionable. Additionally, the conference management team reserves the right to prohibit or remove any exhibit that they consider detracts from the general character or appearance of the show.
- Firms or organizations not assigned an exhibit space will not be allowed to conduct business in the exhibit area.
- Exhibitors and their agents shall not injure or deface walls, floors, or any part of the exhibit building or booth materials or equipment of other exhibitors.
- Exhibitor will be held liable for any and all damages. Exhibitors may not set up or take down their exhibit before the scheduled times