The purpose of Sections is to facilitate a greater involvement of the Association membership by appealing to their professional interest. Officers of Sections and Regions are elected by the respective members of each section on an annual basis. There are currently sevin sections that represent the various fields within parks and recreation. Many of these sections offer workshops, conference and special events throughout the year.
- Adminstration: shall represent those that work, have worked or aspire to work in a managerial and/or administrative capacity within the parks and recreation profession.
- Athletics: shall represent those that work, have worked or aspire to work in athletics within the parks and recreation profession. This section shall coordinate the activities of the Statewide Athletics Committee (SWAC) and the Athletic Directors Workshop. The Athletic Section Chair shall serve as an ex-officio on both of these committees.
- Citizen Board Members (CBM): shall represent those that serve on local boards and commissions and provide educational opportunities to them when possible. Their primary purpose shall be to coordinate the CBM Forum, promote the advancement of the recreation and park movement through the development of strong individual and group citizen involvement and to provide support to professional administrators as needed.
- Education: shall represent those that currently or formally have served as faculty and those that are current students in our college and university system that teach the parks, recreation and leisure services curriculum. This section shall assist with the promotion of the organization to faculty and students and encourage their participation in Association programs. This section shall offer assistance to other sections or regions in the planning of educational opportunities
- Park Services: shall represent those that work, have worked or aspire to work in the profession as enforcement, natural resources management, environmental educators, park maintenance, etc. This section shall coordinate the activities of the Park Ranger Training Institute
- Programs: shall represent those that work, have worked or aspire to work in the parks and recreation profession promoting, improving and developing recreation services for persons of all ages. This section shall provide assistance in maintaining and developing standards of training for park and recreation programmers.
- Therapeutic: shall organize all levels of therapeutic recreation personnel for the purpose of promoting, restoring, improving, and/or developing the health and well being of individuals through therapeutic recreation services. Shall offer assistance in maintaining and developing standards of training and education for those in the field of therapeutic recreation. Shall coordinate the Therapeutic Recreation Section Conference.