It is exciting to think we are only a couple days away from 2016! Today’s blog briefly reviews the past five blogs that discussed ways to enter the New Year fit and health conscious!
1. Healthy Eating Tips for the Holidays blog: provides tricks and ideas to reduce calorie consumption without sacrificing all the treats. WebMD: Food and Recipes has 10 Healthy Holiday Party Tips to get you started! More healthy tricks and replacements can be found on the American Heart Association website. Additionally, check out our Local Produce page to get more healthy food options in the state of North Carolina.
2. Get Motivated With These Fitness Apps blog: focuses on creating incentives to stay health conscious through the use of free mobile iOS and Android apps. These health-focused apps track not only your progress, but creates an enjoyable and innovative experience for you to remain healthy. Additionally, these apps provide daily workout routines and healthy food options ideas and suggestions.
3. Winter Workout Tips blog: discusses workout and nutrition ideas to build unity among your department and bring together coworkers for engaging activities. Be sure to share these ideas with your department and community to help keep everyone active during the festive winter season.
4. 2016 Program Ideas and Activities: focuses on five activities for adults, children, and families, as well as healthy concessions and vending opportunities. For more information and ideas for program opportunities during 2016 please listen to our NCRPA 8 Program Ideas webinar from last January: https://vimeo.com/127510305
5. Healthy Substitutions for Everyday Foods blog: offers some heart-healthy substitutions that you can incorporate both in your daily meal preparations or when cooking and baking for larger groups. Refer back to our Health Cooking/Nutrition Programs for more information on healthy eating practices. Don’t’ forget the January Wellness Webinar will be hosted by Greg Walker of Fletcher Parks and Recreation, and Mark Scott, owner of Fleet Feet Sports in Asheville. The webinar will focus on organizing a 5k run/walk in your own community, as well as discussing benefits of partnering with a corporate partner for a race. The webinar will take place on Tuesday, January 12th at 1:00pm. To register please click the link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3187996952281022465
This coming April 2016, NCRPA is hosting the first ever statewide 5k! If you have never organized a 5k race in your community, then participating in the 5k Webinar will be extremely useful information! For more information on how to get your department involved in our NC Recre8 5k race, visit the race page: http://www.ncparkrun.com/, or contact myself (email@example.com ) or matt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I challenge all of you during the rest of December to engage yourself in healthy holiday eating practices and to exercise regularly. Set a goal to ring in the New Year, and maintain these holiday nutrition and exercise tips throughout the year for a healthy lifestyle. If you have any healthy eating ideas or exercise tips during the holiday season then please email us or submit them on the wellness site here: (email@example.com, http://www.ncrpa.net/?Wellnesssub)
See you in 2016!